[AMC-List] Fuel Injecting the big Dogs

Thanks for all the great responses people...............

Even though no one really answered my original questions about having
any experience with Edelbrock or Holley injection kits. I'm still happy that
it drummed up a little discussion.

What really disappointed me was no one commented on the sex of my Javelin
versus their car................ How the heck do you guys think these things
reproduced
in the first place???  They went extinct, you know, because their food chain
was
disrupted by the gasoline crisis of the seventies........no more high octane
leaded fuel!!!!
Without food they couldn't reproduce!!!!  Ha ha

Have a good one every one,

Armand

That's really good news -- I'd never heard of anyone running
" open-loop *FI successfully.

until the '80s, all efi was open loop.

my family had two '71 saab 99s, one with carbs and one with the
original bosch jetronic first used on the '66 vw squareback and afaik
based on bendix patents [remember the '57 rambler rebel?] bosch bought.
the engines were identical save for induction.

the efi car got almost 10% more power, better mileage, better
driveability, and ran on lower octane than the carb car.  the only
problem we ever had with it was the engine temp sensor; when that
failed the idle speed would 'hunt' up and down in cold weather until
it warmed up.  other operation was not affected.

" Even carbs are not exactly "open loop"; fuel flow is proportional to
" airflow plus and minus.

not linearly proportional or carbs would be a lot simpler.  iirc vac
in a venturi - which is what pulls the fuel through the jet - is
proportional to the square of the air velocity.