[AMC-List] NEW, not rebuilt, distributors?

[AMC-List] NEW, not rebuilt, distributors?

Are new, NOT rebuild Duraspark distributors available for sale?
Cardone etc all do shit work these days, with used parts,
like main shafts.

In tuning my Duraspark distrib, I disassembled a couple of
used ones from the pile, and one I bought at U-pull-it a few
weeks back. None were junk, just used.

While all the shafts turned smoothly, there was some drag.
Upon tearing mine down to parts, I found the shaft scored
mildly. I mentioned this before, and it's not news to anyone that
they wear. But I also dug all the dried out goo from the housing,
bwtween the two broze bushings, and cleaned it all out like-new.
I knocked the high points off the shaft with a fine file,
followed by 600 grit. I cleaned out the oilin helix that draws
oil up the shaft, and lubed it all with oil before assembly.

Now when I sping it with my fingers spins it runs dozen turns
before stopping. And when I pulled the distrib out today to
change the springs, it had actually pumped a bit of oil up
the shaft into the bottom of the housing, like it's apparently
supposed to.

Every single one I had in my hands had the same drag on the
shaft; it's just wear and dried out lube caking the housing
and oil helix from age.

I got this thing mechanically and electrically perfect as I can
get it, the advance plate moving smoothly, reluctor aligned
right, clean connectors, etc. Yet I have timing jitter above
3000 rpm, plus and minus 3 degrees or so. I bought this distrib
from NAPA as a Cardone rebuild.

I'm starting to think I might have to by an Accell or MSD
distributor just to get a new one without worn-out parts.