Re: [AMC-List] NEW, not rebuilt, distributors?

Re: [AMC-List] NEW, not rebuilt, distributors?

Tom, as long as you're using points you're going to get some mechanical
"slop" in the system and point bounce, especially at high rpm
("...timing jitter above 3000 rpm, plus and minus 3 degrees or so.").
Switch to an electronic system and most of it will go away! While
rebuild quality has slipped, I don't think that's the problem here. Even
a new distributor built to OEM specs (or even a little tighter) will
give similar results. Might be a little less "jitter", but still +/- a
degree or two. Pertronix is the easy way to go!