Re: [Amc-list] AMC INK

Some random thoughts...

Back in the Sixties, the other difference mentioned for the
convertible/roadster definition was the presence or lack or roll up windows.

By the back seat definition, the only "sports cars" Porsche has produced
in the last forty years were the 914, the Boxster, and the limited
production Speedster. One would probably get an argument from a lot of
Porsche fans and dealer nowadays, but I seem to recall that when the 911
was introduced, they called it a GT.

I worked for a guy back in the Seventies that had raced Stingrays on
road circuits in the Sixties. He said the 289 Cobras were far more
competitive for 98 percent of the drivers. Only a rare, talented few
could drive the 427s fast without crashing.

AMC content: he said he never remembered AMXs being much of a factor in
American road racing at all...

Keleigh.