[Amc-list] "Hangin' witt da Chronic" - Re: "] Position Interchange, '58

[Amc-list] "Hangin' witt da Chronic" - Re: "] Position Interchange, '58 Rambler American

Mark Price
Morgantown, WV
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5
" Chronic Pain Hurts"From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Engine Interchange, 58  Rambler American

To all this I respond.

B.S.

try and get the AW4 built local...

Go ahead and try, unless your one of the lucky few your going to be doing a tranny mail order.

Ever have a problem with a mail order assembly?

Yeah, sure that'll be fun....
Ring, ring, "uh, Hi, this built AW4 you sent me don't shift correctly".
What's that?
Oh, "Ok, I'll pull it out and send it back" ....

99% of the trannie shops out there won't even look into an AW4.

Yeah the trans is good, I agree on that. In stock form I's use one instantly. 300,000miles of life.

700 series are Torque sucking monsters? yeah sure and what automatic isn't?

Want to not suck torque? grab a shift lever and push the clutch pedal.

I would not use a 700 series trans in most anything, usualy, but when building a hypothetical early American.
I make an exception.

I like AW4's in Jeeps and cars for drivers, their solid long lasting trans,
but they have some stupid out of the box features.

No means of selecting individual gears without electronics is just plain dumb.
PRND21 , seems dumb... is dumb.

nuff said

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5
" Chronic Pain Hurts"From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx

	&/

Now that sounds like a deal an a half...

I'd seriously consider buying one if they were still available at that price.

One more hit on my shoulder and I'll be going automatic in the American and that sure sounds like an ideal way to do it.

One of the guys over on the strokers list had some high torque converters built for AW4's.

He still had one left last I knew.

At those prices you could have put together a nice combo for a car for about $600.+-

I'm going to have that in my 300 ftlb T5 when/if it gets done.
That does not include a clutch and the shifter etc;...

--
 "

Mark Price
Morgantown, WV
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5
" Chronic Pain Hurts"

Joe Fulton just had an old block done and I believe the shop decked it.

I can't recall how far it was off, just that it was, I think....

Knowledge is more valuable then.

"i never HEARD of a warped block"

Hmmm, I must be off my meds.....
I seem to be grouchy....
Oh, well...
If the shoe fits.

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

..

Does anyone have data for GPS implants into Humans ?..:]

"Uhhhhh.........uhhhhhh...I dunNO!.....--..YOU SEE  'eM ?... nope..derrrrrr.."

--

                            ___
        =Bt=              /~   ~\
  milnersXcoupe          |_      |
   "The Heretic"         |/     __-__
                          \   /~     ~~-_
                           ~~ -~~\       ~\
                            /     |        \
               ,           /     /          \
             //   _ _---~~~    //-_          \
           /  (/~~ )    _____/-__  ~-_       _-\             _________
         /  _-~\\0) ~~~~         ~~-_ \__--~~   `\  ___---~~~        /'