Re: [Amc-list] Wrecked my Taurus and found a possible end gine knock in

Re: [Amc-list] Wrecked my Taurus and found a possible end gine knock in my 1965 American Part 2

You want to apreciate what we have even more?
Go down to Cancun or Cozumel Mexico.
Then travel about 70 miles south of Cancun.
don't go all the way to Tulum.
Theres a crappy little town the ferry runs to from Cozumel.
I did a jeep tour out of there with my family on Friday.
it was one of the most depressing, poor, torn up areas I have ever seen in my life.
Being poor is one thing but this area is a quagmire of poor and dangerous.
people have taken poor and pushed it to downright scary.
There is actual shards of broken glass imbedded in 6' high walls surrounding the Jeep drop off site.
This wall is low enough any tom dick or Jorge can get hung up on it by not paying attention to what he is doing.
See a nice car, yep, behind barred gates and covered with an inch of dust.
Actual armed gaurds outside some places. not a pistol in a holter either. I'm not a gun guy but these looked like the cute little machine guys you see in the movies and the guys lifted them up, pointed them and stared as we drove past...
  Police everywhere, bike cops wear swat type gear...

We got a lot to lose here.

I been to that area twice now. 18 years apart.
Watch the movie Man on fire.It fits this area only no city, just squalor.
The whole place creeps me out.
I'm good.
I don't think I'll be going back.
I already told my kids don't expect any parental Spring break trip money from us that'll take you anywhere near that place.

I did not know I had a lot to lose.
till I took a header over the handlebars of a mountainbike.
after 4 surgeries and still waiting on this shoulder replacement to heal.
I know I still got a lot I can lose.
Most of us do.

--
Mark Price