Re: [Amc-list] Engine Interchange, 58 Rambler American

Next trip I get to Bellingham, I will check teh numbers on the only 4 cyl AW4 that I know of (been sitting on the junkyard parts shelf at least 10 years)

From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Engine Interchange, 58  Rambler American
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

" From: msproviero@xxxxxxxxxxx
"
" IIRC, the unit my trans guy ordered ($300 was "my" price) fit
" XJ's, but was a Toyota spec'd 2wd unit that was rated for a
" little more power.

this was my first concern.  afaik a340 versions differ by number of
clutches etc for different apps, and they were used on some small
4-cyl vehicles.  the aw4 on '87-'93 2.5s isn't the same as the 4.0
aw4...

the beefiest a340 i know of is in the 4.7 v8 tundra, ~325 ft-lbs
torque.
adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx