Re: [Amc-list] 65 Rambler - the project continues

Re: [Amc-list] 65 Rambler - the project continues

Yep, exhaust tubing is an option.  I did get to go behind the counter at Kragens here in Salinas.  No joy, but I may try NAPA tonight.   I bid on that hose on Ebay that Matt pointed me to, and it looks "close" but I think it is for the big cars, classics, etc.  The seller doesn't really say.

Goodyear now makes a coil spring hose bender the fits over a straight hose and acts sorta like a tubing bender to prevent crimping a hose.  I have one for my crankcase vent hose on the Rambler and will show it in upcoming photos.  The problem with the 196 radiator hose is it needs to be 1 7/8 inches at the motor and 1 1/2 or 1 3/4 at the radiator.

On another note, I split the rubber gas filler hose elbow that connects to my gas tank filler tube while removing the tank yesterday.  I had an NOS gas filler tube with the same bell shaped upper end.  I had bought it in a parts lot years ago and I think it was for a big Jeep, like Wagoneer, etc. but there was no part number so I could never sell it.  Looks like it will work fine for that application after I trim it and patch one cicular hole in the side which I think was for a vent tube.

Lesson learned.  Never throw anything away.

Joe Fulton