--------------
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 15:14:31 -0800 (PST)
From: Joe Fulton <piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Does anyone know the part number and a source for the upper radiator hose for an OHV 196 in a Rambler American?

My car came with a flex hose, which I am reusing, but I've done a search on the net and have not found a molded hose that fits.  The rockauto listing for a molded hose is incorrect.  I'll be sending that one back.

I dropped the gas tank too and found holes.  This is the first holey gas tank I have ever encountered here in CA.  The car was from Texas though.  I'll be asking a local radiator shop if they do gas tank repairs in addition to reconditioning.  If they do not, it's off to Gas Tank Renu.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"