Re: [Amc-list] OT: 2-cycle vs 10-40W oil

Re: [Amc-list] OT: 2-cycle vs 10-40W oil

The 2 cycle oil is likely much too thin. Also, it is designed to burn
and not stick around in the engine for a full year. If you're trying to
see how fast you can blow up the motor, use the 2 cycle oil. Otherwise,
buy some straight 30 weight.

BTW, I would be very weary of a completely empty sump. You may want to
look under the deck and see if the bottom seal it leaking. Those seals
are pretty easy to change but you have to pull the sump off of the motor
to do it.

Matt

On 11/29/2008 2:46 AM, A Griffith spouted this sage advice:
> I just picked up an old lawnmower and there's no oil in the case...  I have
> ALOT of 2-cycle oil and no regular motor oil.  Is there any reason why I
> can't use 2-cycle oil in the case?

mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH
http://www.mattsoldcars.com