Re: [AMC-list] What if and What Was AMC engine specs

Re: [AMC-list] What if and What Was AMC engine specs

" From: Jim Blair <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" Hesco was in the design phase at 1 point then backed out due to CARB issues.

<sigh> so close...

"    I thought the Buick V8 bore spacing was the same too?

i might be wrong on the amc 6 spacing.

the buick v6 and v8 up to 350 and the buick/rover aluminum v8 spacing
is 4.25" - the buick 350 was smaller and lighter than any other 350.
afaik the 252 v6 needed siamesed cylinders to get to 3.96" bore.

afaik all gm big blocks and the ford 429/460 are 4.875" bore spacing.

" From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
"
" " From: Steve Avery
" "
" " Does someone have, and are they willing to share, details on AMC
" " experimental engines as well as the specs- specifically, engine bore center
" " dimensions of the AMC sixes and V-8's?
"
" b.c. for the v8s is 4.75" - coincidentally the same as the mopar b/rb
" family. iirc the i4/i6 is 4.375".
"
" " Was there ever a *factory *effort
" " afoot for making a cross-flow head for the straight six or for the straight