AMC 401 V-8 and 727 trans - $1500 (Santa fe Springs)
Date: 2011-03-22, 8:33PM PDT
Reply to: sale-r3xfp-2281098575@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AMC 401 engine and torqueflite 727 trans pulled form a '74 matador. had 117k miles on motor when pulled a few months ago. Engine has all smog equipment and a/c compressor, even cruise control device! Pics if you want them.

    * Location: Santa fe Springs

PostingID: 228109857

So the Matador had only 117k, and was apparently a southwest car.  Yet it was discarded just for the damn engine.

We in the hobby are ruining our own remaining stock.

-- Marc