Re: [AMC-list] High Flow Exhaust Manifolds (Sandwich Maker)

Re: [AMC-list] High Flow Exhaust Manifolds (Sandwich Maker)

Could be for expansion, but why then is there no allowance for expansion in the 2 inner bolt holes?

I guess I'm just used to headers and not aware of this.

Does anyone else have an opinion as I would gladly listen to all theories!?!?

Thanks,

John
*******************
wild guess - maybe it's to allow for expansion when that iron gets red
hot.
*******************

" From: lunde@xxxxxxxxxx(original message)
"
" I have a pair of high flow AMC exhaust manifolds casting#'s 3210160 and
" 3210159. I plan to put these on my 68 AMX 390 which already has a pair of
" later model dog-leg heads, and was wondering why the mounting holes on the
" manifold are a larger diameter on the outside of the manifold, then the 2
" bolt holes on the inside given that all the bolts on the cylinder head are
" the same diameter? Does anyone know why this is? Seems funny to me that only
" the center holes are responsible for lining up the ports on the head to the
" manifold!