Re: [AMC-list] 62 rambler axle power capability

Re: [AMC-list] 62 rambler axle power capability

I have an 80 Spirit with 304 and automatic with AMC15 2.53:1 open diff. It has
handled numerous 1/4 mile runs. Granted the auto and open 2.53 ratio limit the
torque at the hubs, but I also have a 401 with auto and open 2.53 and it has
handled some too. Therefore I'm limited  by the torque before the right tire
breaks loose. Twin-grip and 4.11 will make the hubs work harder. Just how much
more is up to you. : )

Ken