Re: [AMC-list] 360 build

Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 10:24:29 -0800 (PST)
From: Davis Martin<martin-davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] AMC-list Digest, Vol 45, Issue 12

Wow! Whoever responded that winded response to Hal on the engine build, has never built an AMC v-8.  And has not been around the AMC community much. Wow.
AMC 360 block is too thin to add 4bolt mains. And check out the Indy alloy block.

I made a long winded reply to the long winded reply, but I don't think you're talking about me!
I forgot to mention the Indy alloy AMC V-8 block, meant to.
Are you sure you can't put a 4 bolt main on the 360? I have never done it, but I thought I had seen one where the extra two bolts were 3/8" instead of 1/2". That might have been for the 390/401 block though.

--
Frank Swygert
Editor - American Motors Cars Magazine