Re: [AMC-list] 360 build

The engine they built was nice but 7000 rpms out of a stock 360 cast crank and
bottom end is a little risky. Either way, good numbers and is very possible even
with a little more street friendly set up than that one.  We did an engine
package for a guy down south who made almost 470hp on pump gas street friendly
set up that didn't need to go that high up in the rpm range.

I may be bias because I designed and make the Anti-walk cam kits for AMC. I
prefer our thrust plate set up over a cam button.  End play is more precise and
stabilizes the valve train better without one of the other wearing against the
timing cover.   That is why we created them.  Cam buttons work so/so but not
like a thrust plate set up.

Frank, as for putting 4 bolt mains on a 360 and smaller engine, on a regular
block it can't be done.  They don't have the structural webbing across the mains
that the 390 and 401s have.  Only the T/A and early service blocks has this
webbing but the were basically a 390/401 block that was not bored out to 4.165
and are a rare find.  If you find one, you will pay as much for it as you will a
401 block.

Pick the right piston design, cam and carb, and you can get some very good power
out of a 360.  and with a 401, stay within the 6200-6500 rpm range on pump gas
and get 550hp or enough power to push a daily driven street car weighing in at
3600 lbs easily into the 11s.

Nick
 Alfano Performance
4849-76 st.
Kenosha, WI. 53142
262-308-1302
262-942-8271 after 6pm central and weekends

Message: 2