Re: [AMC-list] Green Hornet hatchback radio album with Bruce Lee

Re: [AMC-list] Green Hornet hatchback radio album with Bruce Lee

You are right, Britt Reid was Green Hornet character, had to pull out some of my comic books in attic to check. Van Williams 'played' the Green Hornet. On the back of album (yes, I must have dozen, there are differences in them also) it has CAST: Britt Reid (The Green Hornet), Kato (Reid's faithful valet) Lenore Case (Casey, Reid's Secretary); Michael Axford (reporter); Newsboy, Announcer, no names for them. There are also two more photos, one of Kato crotching behind the car with gun drawn, while Green Hornet waves a white flag in hole in wall. Other photo shows Green Hornet with gun drawn while he makes trusty 'faithful valet' clean up mess, which looks like crappy chinese couch with boards under it, really, REALLY low budget stuff. Now you mention it, probably NOT Van Williams behind that mask (unless hard up looking for work in 1972/73 by then, Batman had all the crime swen up in Gotham City & Superman had Metropolis under control) and looking even closer at album the Green Hornet character appears to be wearing earrings in both ears. That is not Bruce Lee in the album cover photo, it is Chin Lee from Happy Village Buffet on Dairy Ashford near I-10 in Houston. try Dim Sum! Even closer inspection looks like the building is in Detroit, which most buildings look like this anyways.
http://realestate.msn.com/slideshow.aspx?cp-documentid=23468266

before you had these guys standing in front of a Green Hornet you had a Green Hornet model from AMT

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/Photo_Gallery_AMC/amc%20models/hornet_model.jpg

then AMC decided to release a Green Hornet for Canadian markets only

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5213/5491107026_1f0f4085f1_b.jpg

I have never seen one of them. And later in 1990s, I found a 73 Hornet hatchback at a gas station they were going to haul off for scrap and bought it for $150, it was factory 304V8/AT car and bacst to drive, so painted it like Britt & Kato's car there

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/Photo_Gallery_AMC/red_death.jpg

We all know where Bruce Lee is not sure what ever happened to Van Williams career. If below link to ebay Green Hornet album is gone or item sells, simply do search there for 'amc album' and others pop up for one's collection. Black Beauty my arse!
Eddie Stakes
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825 days
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ken Ames" <ameskg@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Green Hornet hatchback radio album with Bruce Lee
uuummmm
Van Williams played Britt Reid who played the GH and Bruce Lee played Kato but this was in the 66-67 TV season. The fellows on the LP cover are neither Williams nor Lee. : )
Ken

Quoting Eddie Stakes <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Some of you have probably never seen these, but it is radio program from the green Hornet Series back in 1970s, and at one time...was sponsored by American Motors. Britt Reid as the Green Hornet, and Bruce Lee as Kato, yes, THAT Bruce Lee 'Fists of Fury' and other great kung fu films. This ain't my auction but cheap, you can finf these on ebay for $10-$25 usually.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GREEN-HORNET-RADIO-SHOW-RECORD-LP-/380441180626

good for one's collection. The ONLY reason I brought this up was a customer who stopped by my house commented on my 71 SC/360 and said 'wow, you should have painted it green like in the Green Hornet' so had to bring out this album to show it was a hatchback, but nice thought anyways.