Re: [AMC-list] A little activity on the list

Re: [AMC-list] A little activity on the list

" From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" I'm replacing the heat/AC blower motor. Got the AC fixed and figured out
" it gets cold, but doesn't move enough air. I was thinking the problem
" was just not a high enough rpm motor, but now that I have it out I find
" it's a bit stiff. Another universal GM type motor might be all I need,
" but I'm looking for one I KNOW blows hard anyway. May have to mod the
" heater housing for it to fit.

if you can get at the bearings, try lubing them with 3-in-1 oil.  i've
never tried it on a blower motor, but i've revived several window fans
that were tossed only because their bearings had dried out.  the
latest was 4-5 years ago and i run it near 24/7 in the summer.  it
joined one i did about 15 years ago.