Re: [AMC-list] Fw: wanted floorpan interchange & connectors information

Re: [AMC-list] Fw: wanted floorpan interchange & connectors information 69 Rebel SST

" From: Chad Ott        chadott58@xxxxxxxxxx
"
"
" Hey Eddie, just me again I was wondering if any floorpans were close
" to a 4 door 69 Rebel SST pan that way it'll save me some money on fab
" and time, also if you go to summit racing and type in DCC frame
" connector theres 3 results I was wondering if any mopar frames were
" close to AMC frames? that way it'd be easier for a fornt brake disc
" conversion kit and to find various chassis parts and also strengthen
" everything up, Thanks I look forward to a reply back!

no idea about mopar matchups, but afaik all the amc big cars from '67
up have the same floors.

for front disks, if you've taken a good squint at your front end
you've seen that the spindle bolts to the knuckle.  -any- later amc
front disk setup will bolt on.  spindles aren't all the same so grab
them with everything else, especially true of the '74-8 'big bendix'
setup with calipers related to ford ltd and pickup ones.  parts for
that are getting expensive though.  the later setups are better, with
early '80s parts still fairly available and reasonable; calipers were
used through the '80s on jeeps as well so there's still demand for
them.

but all these parts are old stuff now, so someone - observing that
ford used the same wheel bearings - came up with the 'scarebird' kit
using fairly late-model mustang rotors [and calipers?].