[AMC-list] James Garner's Motoring Life Book for sale Baja SC/Rambler 4x

[AMC-list] James Garner's Motoring Life Book for sale Baja SC/Rambler 4x4

For those of you interested, a new book just came out about the late James Garner who ran the AIR Racing Team for AMC with the Baja Hurst 4x4 SC/Ramblers
http://www.cartechbooks.com/james-garner-s-motoring-life-grand-prix-the-movie-baja-the-rockford-files-and-more.html

He was involved in all sorts of racing not just AMC but we remember him for the grueling Baja race in the SC/Ramblers!
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/press_photos/amc-baja-scrambler.jpg

"1969 Baja Hurst SC/Rambler With Memo. One of 12 made. 2 known to exist. Possibly one of the most unusual photos I have is of one of the dozen Hurst SC/Ramblers used for racing in the Mexican Baja race. Yes, these had the 390 AMX engine, and were prepared by Hurst, but also modified heavily by Garner's AIR (American International Racers) Team. Bumped from 315 to now 410 horsepower, AIR Team could blast down the Baja at speeds as high as 140 miles per hour & 7000 RPM. While modified with lift kits, front/rear springs, cut wheelwells, Goodyear 10x15 tires, roll cages, no glass and 44 gallon fuel cells.....two of these special SC/Ramblers were modified to FOUR WHEEL DRIVE chassis!"

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/press_photos/baja-4x4-scrambler.jpg

might be a good book for one's collection.
Eddie Stakes
713-464-8825 days
www.planethoustonamx.com