Re: [AMC-list] 6 cyl & v-8 bell housing bolt patterns

Re: [AMC-list] 6 cyl & v-8 bell housing bolt patterns

" From: Jim Blair <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" Sandwichmaker wrote:
" the '65 was also offered with a 232 so any later amc 6 is an easy job.
" gotta use the '65 american water pump and pulley, also found on
" wagoneers and cjs pre about '75.  there are other details of course.
"
" ^ Andrew, I was just trying to clear up this  ^ so the OP didn't go
" away with the wrong impression that "any" later AMC 6 would bolt to
" his trans. ;^) (Lord knows I have been unclear in the past too!)

true enough - in trying to avoid tmi i overcorrected.

of ocurse, with a '72-4 [back to '68 with 2bbl 290s] bell or one of
the 'multipattern' bells, any later 6 *would* bolt up to his tranny...