[AMC-list] Subject: 1981 Spirit 2-door sedan back window glass/weather s

[AMC-list] Subject: 1981 Spirit 2-door sedan back window glass/weather stripping?

I'm helping Jamie with the back window to her 1981 AMC Spirit 2-door
sedan.  So far no glass.  I've got questions...

  window "glass"

Is the back window glass flat or curved (if curved it was slight)?
Could someone with one (or similar) please check this and report...

I'm thinking of getting a replacement made, either out of polycarbonate
or tempered glass.  Polycarbonate could be bent (or just bend) as the
bend is slight (if any) but glass would have to be flat.  Or the
bend could be taken up with thicker weather stripping.

So far I've found out that while polycarbonate won't likely break upon
impact it is eventually destroyed by UV (3+ or so years, yellowing
then cracking) and doesn't like certain chemicals (PVC for one, again
cracking).  Glass could break... :-(

Any comments or suggestions?

  weather stripping

What was the weather stripping around the window opening?  Is it
available?  What material was it made out of? (type of rubber or PVC?)

I'm looking at something like:

 CRL Black 25' Bulb Trim Seal Catalog Number: ST36A
 http://www.crlaurence.com/crlapps/showline/offerpage.aspx?ProductID=18593

Thank you

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Accessible with your email software