Re: [AMC-list] Subject: 1981 Spirit 2-door sedan back window glass/weath

Re: [AMC-list] Subject: 1981 Spirit 2-door sedan back window glass/weather stripping?

First (since I haven't seen a reply yet) is that the fit interchange is any
'77 or '78 Gremlin, any year of Spirit Sedan, or any year of the Eagle
Kammback.  Nothing else.

Yes, the window is curved in both directions (like a flat-ish bubble).
Depending on where you measure, laying a straight-edge across the window
edge-to-edge and measuring the "bubble" at the centerpoint, its anywhere
from about 5/8" to 13/16" of bubble.   I just measured my '77 Gremlin to
come up with those numbers.

You can get a weatherstrip from most of the AMC vendors (APD, Kennedy,
Galvin's).   Its not the original style of strip, but its workable.

Have you joined the AMC Eagle's Den Forum and put in a request for a window
yet??   There are some Kammback fans there with some parts stashes.

Good luck with it.

George Graham
Lost in the Texas Hill Country