Re: [gremlintime] 70-73 Gremlin grills

Kevin,
Sounds like a good idea, however it would take someone with extreme skill
since an entire Model grill would have to be made first, slightly larger than
the original.

I had an experience a few years back with a reproduction part for a very rare
and ornate antique fan. We made a sand cast of a good original part in
aluminum. We quickly discovered that once the Aluminum cooled that it has a
rather large coefficient of expansion/contraction. The cooled piece was
almost 1/2 inch smaller than the original, in only a 15 in diameter casting.
Imagine how much you would dimension lose casting a grill?

Wade (Still looking for a 73 Grill also)