'74 Gremlin gets carb tune-up, idles fine...ready to roll !!!

'74 Gremlin gets carb tune-up, idles fine...ready to roll !!!

 Well, guess I didn't need to swear TOO loud on the bible yesterday....I
started work on the car after the wind died down Saturday afternoon, and
proceeded to tackle the poor idling problem of my '74 bronze Gremlin. Found a
few problems that were easy to fix, reinstalled the 1-bbl carb, and fired her
up! Still needed a vacuum outlet blocked off, but after that, she ran pretty
good ( still doesn't idle as smooth as my '72, though ), and didn't gag when
I dropped it in gear like it did before. Found an extremely loose throttle
plate to main carb body screw, so it was probably sucking some extra air. At
least I won't have to do the Fred Astaire on the pedals to keep it running
when I stop at a light or sign now! :) I plan on clearing the rest of the
driveway out so I can take it out for a spin today. Then I hope to tackle
either the GT or the '72 sunroofer, and still get the driveway cleaned up
more ( need to move a work table out of the way). So, finally I'm on my way
to getting Gremlins moving again! It's a little brisk outside this morning in
Virginia, though, so I may have to wrap up tight to keep from freezing. As
long as the wind stays down, it should be ok. I look forward to having some
more progress to report on one of my other Gremlins by the end of the day.
Although, I have a leaky bathroom shower drain, drips water from the ceiling
downstairs, so I gotta fix that problem soon ( luckily theres THREE bathrooms
with showers, unfortunately only now I"m down to one working...sigh ). So,
hope to get it fixed temporarily today so I don't have to spend all my time
on it, instead of the cars. :( Well, so long for now, hopefully will have
positive results today of my repair efforts to get more AMCs heading towards
roadworthiness. Later, all.

Jerry