Re: [gremlintime] stupid question

on 4/4/02 9:32 AM, grinding_gremlin at grinding_gremlin@xxxx wrote:

> I have been to local car shows, but never to an event like Kenosha. I'm not
> entering a car in the
> show beacuse I'll never get it done in time. Do I still need to register with
> the AMO club just to
> look around? Or is there an admittence fee?
> Kevin
>

> Community email addresses:
> Post message: gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Shortcut URL to this page:
> Gremlintime(Home of the AMC Gremlin on the WWW):
> http://www.geocities.com/gremlintime

Kevin,

You don't need to register if you are only going to look. This show is open
to the general public. However, if you are a member of AMO or any other
clubs you should take advantage of your membership and stop at the main
hotels, Holiday Inn, Port of Kenosha for AMO. Pick up the list of
events/schedules as they will be finalized by then. Enjoy and participate.
Ask if you can help. All the clubs are always looking for people that want
be be part of the event. If it is your first time you may want to just
watch.
Try to go to the meetings and find out more about the clubs. They are NOT
run by a group of people that want it all done their way. The people that
donate a great deal of time and money are the ones that end up running a
club. They do it because very few others are willing to. Most clubs really
do try to get new people into positions that will help the club grow.

Sorry, I probably answered your question with more than you wanted but I
really want everyone to have a good time this year. A lot of work has gone
into it and we want to do it again. Also, when you are there try to say a
few good words to any (Kenosha) city, (Wisconsin) State works that you may
see. They are major sponsors and we would like them to know that they
should continue to support this kind of event.

Thanks,

Matt