Re: [gremlintime] Gremlin Carb

In a message dated 9/24/02 9:42:51 PM SA Pacific Standard Time,
vangremlin@xxxx writes:

> Hey gang, I've got a 304 engine in my 72 Gremlin X but it is really slow off
>
> a dead start. Its got the 998 auto in it, and I want to make this thing a
> little quicker. I'm not looking to race this thing, just suprise some
> people in town. I bought a Performer intake, and was wondering what carb I
>
> should bolt on. any thoughts? Thanks.

if you want a easy to work on carb get you either a Edelbrock 600 cfm or a
Holley Street Avenger both are easy to work on and are great for your type of
mods and what you are wanting ,a set of headers would do well for your 304
too,Hedman and Hooker make a good pretty easy to install set of 1 inch and
5/8's size headers also a good exhaust i.e a set of Flowmaster mufflers,now
their Delta Flows are the quietest next is their 70 series,50 series,40 and
30 the 30 series is their loudest street mufflers,now if it were my grem i
would vouch for the Delta Force ones thats FM's race muffler LOL buut i see
you just want to wake ye grem up a hair so i'd get the Delta Flows.I hope i
helped you and hope others on here will as well
Bart M.
"Falfas Coupe"