Re: [gremlintime] Towing Capacity of Gremlin, per Americana Mag ...

Re: [gremlintime] Towing Capacity of Gremlin, per Americana Mag ...

Hi,

I had a 71 Gremlin that I used to haul freshly cut firewood out of the woods.
I used the car on the road but its "after life" revolved around just being a
tractor. I typically cut a lot of Beach and Oak which is extremely heavy when
it is first cut. I loaded up the car with so much wood that threr was barely
room to drive it out of the woods.

It was a stick shift and I remmember how with a full load I could let the car
almost idle itself up and down the hills of Ohio. The cars are incredible and
are almost as strong as jeeps.

With all that said, I would still be concerned about towing. The car has a
relivly light rear end and if you exceeded the towig capacity the object you
are towing would "push" the car and you would break traction.

BMP