Someone knowledgeable about AMC parts, check out RockAuto.com ...

Someone knowledgeable about AMC parts, check out RockAuto.com ...

 I was searching on Gremlin ball joints, and ran across this TERRIFIC
website, it lists MANY years of AMC cars, with cross-references to all the
different areas, like Electrical, Engine, Suspension, etc, and it gives
MANUFACTURERS and PART NUMBERS for the parts! Even prices! I found AMC disc
brake rotors, 390 engine parts ( no pistons, though ), and the site breaks
down the cars by model, engine size , year, etc. If anyone who is extremely
knowledgeable about AMC parts can check this out and see if it looks like a
good resource, I think I'd probably start ordering some hard to find parts!
of course, I don't see some listed like I need, like a '70 Javelin 3-speed
trans back up light switch rubber actuator pad. :D Oh well, some esoteric
parts are hard to find no matter what. Anyway, I was just excited that there
is an online resource that lists the manufacturer of the part AND the number,
too, and with a price! At least it can be copied and saved to check out with
other local resources, as you now have a number to give the local
counter-jockeys who know nothin' 'cept whats in the book, usually. I tried to
"cut and paste", but for some reason, I couldn't do that on these pages. One
page I tried to print out, came out all pink! Yikes! no text. Oh well. If
anyone succeeds in a "cut-and-paste", let me know how to do it! I was using
AOL at the time...

Jerry Casper
Virginia AMC collector...