Good Gremlin lit "coup" at AACA show in Richmond, VA....

Good Gremlin lit "coup" at AACA show in Richmond, VA....

 Although the weather was lousy, and the vendors packing up when I
finally arrived around 1 pm Saturday, I still managed to pick up some good
buys at the flea area. One literature vendor had no AMC box out, so I asked,
and he brought it out of the truck. I rummaged thru it, and found a '77 and
'80 Accessories manuals, also a '70 1/2 Gremlin brochure, and a dealer-only
item on the "new" Gremlin, complete with some interesting artwork on a
futuristic Gremlin, and a REAR shot of the AMX-GT prototype car. I was
ecstatic, the guy said no one had asked for the AMC box that day. He had
other stuff, it's too bad I didn't get his name and number, he also had a Big
Bad color brochure, marked $35 ( I'd seen it on Ebay before, and it went high
), but I didn't really need it. He cut his prices, actually, the 4 items
priced at $50, I got them all for $30, or 7.50 each, so that was a deal. :D
I'll try to get the Gremlin dealership piece scanned and put on my website (
eventually ), at least the artwork portions.
Not much else to see at the show, I found a '21 Nash and a '41
convertible Nash there, got pics of those. No "true" AMCs were there at all.
Ah well. I also bought a full-sized Rambler hubcap at a Ford vendor for $5 ,
it was in good shape. I went local flea-ing after that , and found an '83
Petersen's High Performance Cars edition magazine for .25 that had a '68
Javelin, SC/Rambler, Machine, and a Donohue Javelin in it. Not a bad day for
such crappy weather. I also hit one of my favorite salvage yards, and found
one lone Pacer coupe, and salvaged some parts off it ( already pretty much
picked over but some good rare parts left like door release pivots, curved
glass, etc, still on it ). It will probably be crushed this week, and I won't
get back to it, unfortunately. I dont' really need the parts, but a shame to
see them destroyed. Anyway, that's my weekend AMC report, hope everyone else
is having a good one. Later,

Jerry in Virginia