Re: Non-AMC content : How NOT to get rich, ever...by Jerry in VA ( pleas

Re: Non-AMC content : How NOT to get rich, ever...by Jerry in VA ( please add mo

Hey Jerry, You have to start a get rich quick plan advertise it in a
an infomercial on Saterday after noons and then you will get rich.
:)
I gave up Tring to get rich. I'm happy doing my art and trying my
creative ideas. I get a lot of attention for the stuff I do but no one
wants to pay for it. That's ok, I do most the stuff I do for me. Being
happy with what you have is more important than having a lot of
excess. Although I do dream of actually coming up with
something that creates large amounts of money, but, if it doesn't
happen that's ok too. :) As long as I can have my Gremlins, old
houses, and do my art, I'm a happy camper.
Kevin

--- In gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Gremlingts@xxxx wrote:
> I've been thinking alot lately on this subject, and reading quite
a few
> self-made success stories lately in the news, in that , like most
people, the
> majority of American workers ( myself included ) aren't going to
"get rich
> quick" unless we change our ways, and that there are several
reasons for this.
> Here's a list of ways you WON'T ever be able to afford that
Gremlin XR 401 car (
> ok, minor AMC content, LOL ) if you continue to think in patterns
that are
> non-profitable.
>
> Here's my list, feel free to add to it, as I may have missed
quite a
> few ways! LOL
>
> HOW TO STAY POOR OR MIDDLE-CLASS
>
> (1 Work for someone else. You'll only be paid what the
JOB is worth,
> not what you are worth.
> (2 Never accept a higher-responsiblility job. If you only
want to
> show up, work 8 hours, and get paid, that's all you'll ever get.
Pushing and
> accepting more demanding work raises your NET worth.
> (3 Never look beyond your current "job" or work situation. If
you
> never look beyond the present, and search for opportunities to
expand your
> income, you'll never get beyond a paycheck. Paychecks come
from your workload
> determined by someone else, and will only pay what that
"someone else " determines
> the limit of your income will be for that amount of work.
> (4 Stay in the same job forever. This is hard to do today,
but even
> so, one of the best ways to get underpaid is to stay long-term,
and watch as
> new people get hired making MORE than you do! I've seen this
time and again (
> and yes, I'm a long-term job thinker, also ), seems after 6-7
years, the job
> market forces the worth of a job higher, yet companies won't
raise YOUR salary,
> they'll have those "don't ask, don't tell" policies amongst
employees so you
> won't find out easily that a new employee is making 3 grand
more than you, and
> you're training THEM to do the work you have the experience
on! Sure, you'll
> lose long-term benefits, extended vacations, etc, but then
again, these " other
> people" get their salaries jacked up by moving around, them
maybe settling
> down in 10-15 years once they're at a comfortably high salary
level. Union jobs
> may be the exception, but even those get locked out and
downsized today.
> (5 Expect your employer to "look after you" for the future".
Right.
> The ONLY thing an employer looks out for generally is the
"bottom line", so
> you can BET that your retiring early with a 6 or 7-figure income
ISN'T on their
> minds! YOU are the only one looking after your best interests,
and only you
> can make the determinations that will either let you reach a
high-income goal,
> or make you work long into retirement age while others ply the
golf courses or
> take trips abroad.
> (6 Play the Lottery. yeah, I do this myself. Hey,
SOMEONE hits
> it big once in awhile, right??? But, it's a gamble, and gamblers
in the end
> are usually losers. I play for fun, in small amounts, and not
expecting to win.
> If I do, then it's cool. If not, I still didn't spend myself poor trying
> prove I'm stupid.
> (7 Become a rock star or Professional athelete. Well,
how
> many times have we ALL had this fantasy? Give it up, those
people are at a WHOLE
> different level than we mere mortals, and we will never be the
one on the
> front page of Sports Illustrated or Rollling Stone magazine. So ,
ok, we can sing
> in the church choir, or have a 190+ bowling average in the
Thursday night
> Beer N' Bowl league. That won't do much for the bank account.
>
> Very few people get rich working for another individual, or
even
> themselves as sefl-employed, if the rewards and returns aren't
high enough to justify
> the investment, and they rarely are. That's why the world isn't
full of
> millionares. Very few opportunities present themselves freely
to make a huge sum of
> money with little effort. Almost ALL self-made success stories
come from HARD
> work, a LONG-TERM investment of resources ( sweat, work,
etc. ), being in the
> right place at the RIGHT time, a product or service that isn't
being provided
> by someone else but that is deemed highly desireable, etc.
You can't always
> MAKE an opportunity arise, but you CAN be aware of what is
desired, wanted, not
> being done, etc, and maybe try to act on that in the future.
Using your own job
> or hobby skills outside of the 9-to-5 job to increase your
income is the best
> way to supplement your income, and maybe start your own
successful career
> outside a "job". JOB, by the way, thinking outside the box, is an
acronym for
> Just Over Broke, which most of us are. I have no clue how to
get rich, only that
> I want to, like most folks, or just to live extremely comfortable.
Getting