Re: [AMC-list] One wire alternator

Jim's right -- the fat alternator connector goes directly to the BATTERY,
absolutely NOT the switched side. Preferably directly to the battery post,
or battery side of the solenoid on a Ford type starter. Putting it on the
switched side will prevent the car from turning off (the alternator output
will run all the loads) and the voltage wont regulate without the battery
connected, it'll be all over the place, and for 3-wire alts that sense wire
MUST be tied to battery -- else the alt will keep raising the voltage output
trying to "see" 13V on the sense wire!

My only problem with the 3-wire alts is that stupid cheap connector gets
loose, the sense wire can't sens and battery voltage jumps around, stressing
all the electronics and lamps in the car.