Re: [AMC-list] GM 3wire Alt hookup. (was Re: AMC-list Digest, Vol 24, Is

Re: [AMC-list] GM 3wire Alt hookup. (was Re: AMC-list Digest, Vol 24, Issue 24)

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 10:25, Jim Blair <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It's really easy. Main wire and sensor wire go to battery  . Other wire
> goes to light (preferably with a 10 ohm resistor, but not necessary) or with
> a switched power source, but not on the same circuit as the ignition (unless
> you add a diode or the car won't shut off. Been there, scratched my head
> till I figured it out)

? If there is no power to the ignition, the car will stop running,
regardless of alt wiring.

I've got a GM 3-wire in my 63 Classic, and a Mitsu equiv. in my 63 American,
using the stock dash lamp wiring. Works fine as-is.