  From: russ hathaway
  To: Eddie Stakes ; Rambler Nash Jeep and familyAMC
  Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2011 10:53 AM
  Subject: Re: [AMC-list] pie in the sky award winner...or new couch for wife?

        Eddie; You mentioned doing a PC fabric sofa. Years ago I had a back seat that I couldn't sell. It was in a little better condition than the one featured. I even offered it free at one point, no takers.
        So I had a garage couch, I covered it with the fabric, and took it to a swap meet. I sold the couch with the fabric installed for $40.
        I can stitch up a pretty good set of seats, but this was one of those bang together jobs as the fabric was thin and brittle. The couch was a garage couch where I would sit and clean chrome or a carb. That sort of thing. But these two factors together seemed to come together and the couch worked.out nicely......Russ