Re: [AMC-list] Got the Gremlin out today

Re: [AMC-list] Got the Gremlin out today

Get used to it. It never gets old I guess, and yes, anywhere I drive my AMCs *daily* in Houston, Texas, there are waves, honks and thumbs ups, cell phone photos, people slow down on I-10 to check it out I just smile and wave. Even cops. And I park prominently in front of places on purpose, unless some place like Home Depot or mall, then I park away from building but in area for high visibility.

A lor of folks you will learn all of them have a 'rambler story' which I think is neat. Especially people who actually remember the cars. Some who were not around when AMC in business remember some of the cars like your Gremlin, from movies or music video or commercial. Chances are that will spike when Cars II movie comes out and more people will recognize a Gremlin or Pacer.

If any of you remember America Graffiti movie the guy had glovebox chock full of traffic tickets. In my AMCs I not only cally business cards but also applications for some of the national AMC clubs. People are sort of surprised to see a following for these cars. Sometimes you get stuff like this:
==========================
What a delight to find your web page. I am from  Houston. Born in 1940 and
attended San Jacinto High School and Texas A & M.  I lived near OST and
Griggs road in SE Houston. My grandmother lived near  Heights Blvd. and 11th
Street.  My dad lived in Spring Branch after he  divorced my mother.  In the
1980's I lived in some town homes near Hammerly Blvd. and Brittmoore St.  I
looked up  your house on goggle and saw you were right down the street from
me. My brother  lives in Friendswood and next time I am back in Houston I will
have to come see  your cars.

I owned a 1959 Ambassador, black, I bought in  Dallas in 1963. It was THE
FASTEST car I have ever owned. It  was a stick with O/D. I don't believe any
car could have caught me. Somewhere I  have a picture of me in front of the
car taken at a shopping center at Griggs  Road and South Park Blvd. [ now
MLK Blvd.]
Enjoyed looking at great pictures.   My aunt who lived in Spring  Branch
had a Marlin  .
Jack Isaacson
Chattanooga, TN
which is neat, nostalgia drives us all you know.
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com