Re: [AMC-list] amc & buick

Joe Fulton <piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"Amc had engine castings made at the Holmes foundry in near Sarnia Ontario. They later purchased that foundry in about 1970. That foundry was started I about 1918 and over the years made parts for both gm and ford. "

Correct, they also made AMC blocks, forged steel cranks and forged steel rods for AMC. Side note, my low miler 82 Concord woodie wagon which has never been out of Houston has wire wheel spinners on it, a expensive options/accessory in 1982. I picked up kids at school a few months ago and noticed the AMC 'logo' had come off the spinner center:

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/82-concord-5.jpg

underneath where the proud AMC round decal once stood since 1981 (early build) was three shields. first words out of my mouth was WTF.

http://www.cartype.com/pics/3252/full/buick_logo-crests.jpg

so now looking for a hubcap like that as she lost one in west Chinatown a few weeks ago. I'll make my own decal for it....
Eddie Stakes
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825 days
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx