Re: [AMC-list] Smoking head on my 232 engine

Re: [AMC-list] Smoking head on my 232 engine

Thanks Joe and Frank

The timing is close so I don't think that's the issue. The oil is new, I did that before I started. I let it run for a while and it didnj't stop and it seems the oil level went down slightly so I"m pretty sure it's burning oil.
 I've come to the conclusion that the engine needs rebuilding, but fortunately, I have a spare 232 (and trans.) just sitting around waiting for this one to die. LoL.
 Since I have to change engines, if I could find one, I'd like to put in an AMC V-8 engine. I may have asked this before, but what v-8 could I get that would bolt on?
 It seems somebody told me that my transmission wouldn't do well with any of the bigger v-8's so I was thinking about an old gen 287, but I can't find those ANYWHERE. I could change both engine and trans but it's gotta bolt to the torque tube. I really don't wanna change out the entire drive line.
 Any suggestions or should I just stay with the 232?