Re: [AMC-list] Smoking head on my 232 engine

Re: [AMC-list] Smoking head on my 232 engine

I apologize in advance for the format of this as I know when i hit send it will crap out one long stream of words, arg. I have a 287, Couldn't get $75 for it on theamcforum. Has about 66K on it and needs a timing chain and possible valve work. The 287 was bolted to an aluminum cased warner in 66, don't know about 65 back. I have personally seen TWO 66 287/aluminum Warner combos. One was in a Classic, one is still in my brothers 66 Marlin. Not a combo I would jump up and down about, but they did it. I've never got close enough to read a tag to see what they designated this trans as. I doubt the air cooled trans would be happy behind one for long? Driven easy? ask Tom jennings, the air cooled trans will take it and keep on giving as long as you respect it for its limitations. Yes I am fully aware of the fact that this combo or aluminum trans and 287 is supposed to not have happened, but happen it did. Mark p.S. I also have a 69 232 if you need parts from one of those. ----- Ori
 ginal Message -----