Re: [AMC-list] Smoking head on my 232 engine

Re: [AMC-list] Smoking head on my 232 engine

" From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" From: "Thomas Garner"<Tgarner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
"
"   I've come to the conclusion that the engine needs rebuilding, but
"   fortunately, I have a spare 232 (and trans.) just sitting around
"   waiting for this one to die. LoL.
"   []
"   Any suggestions or should I just stay with the 232?
"
" ============================
"
" If you must keep the torque-tube you're limited in choices.
" []
" So you're pretty much stuck with the 232 six. You can rebuild the
" spare and even hop it up a bit

you could go for a one-year-only small bellhousing '71 258, which would
be a direct swap for your 232.  for extra credit, sonic check the block
for a 1/8" overbore [many of the '60s-'70s blocks are thick enough] and
install a set of keith black ic944 'stroker' pistons on '71-up 232/4.0
rods for a 275-inch six.